This job posting is no longer active
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for the planning and forecasting cycles for the company and leads a large centralized team to produce insightful and actionable management reporting and analysis. This position partners closely with the C-suite and senior management, particularly on matters relating to the delivery of financial and operational performance that will enable CDW to achieve its strategic objectives. The Director is a high-profile role that provides leadership, direction and management to the FP&A team, business segments, and the company overall.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for coordinating and executing the annual financial planning and forecasting processes for CDW Corporation’s U.S. segments (~90% of total net sales) with high visibility to the C-suite and senior management and influence on the process.
- Leads team to perform monthly financial reporting and analysis for U.S. segments against plan, forecasts, and prior periods to ensure the reasons for variances are fully understood, providing actionable recommendations, and updating forecasting methodology to reduce variances to expectations.
- Leads monthly performance reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversees centralized team providing leadership guidance and development opportunities to increase the team’s skill set and overall business, system, and interpersonal aptitude.
- Thought leader for FP&A team and business segments, demonstrates intellectual curiosity and critical thinking, and drives ad hoc accounting and finance projects.
- Ensures best practices for planning processes and systems are implemented and drives improvement to current financial systems.
- FP&A liaison to the Investor Relations team.
- Member of CDW’s Sales Compensation Steering Committee.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance/Accounting related positions or internal candidates with 9 years Finance/Accounting experience.
- Minimum 7 years of management experience or internal candidate with 6 years of management experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with the ability to apply them to business analysis.
- Advanced analytical skills and a proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to solve problems creatively and proactively.
- Proven team leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships on a team and cross-functionally.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Track record of identifying process and system improvements, making appropriate recommendations, and leading successful implementations.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong experience in Excel.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%