This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As well, this role tests solutions in response to changing business or project needs. The Senior QA Analyst aids in the identification of continuous process improvement of QA standards, and practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- For multiple, large, complex, or strategic software projects:
- Perform analysis of business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability.
- Define testing scope, approach, risks, and assumptions.
- Design, build, and prioritize test cases.
- Create and maintain the testing project schedule.
- Execute testing.
- Report and communicate test status and metrics to project stakeholders.
- Lead efforts in the development, recommendation for change, technological innovation, continuous improvement, and documentation of Software Quality Assurance processes, practices, and frameworks, assuring a high level of system readiness prior to production implementation.
- Identify and recommend changes to status reporting and quality metrics.
- Lead and/or participates in peer reviews of project deliverables.
- For multiple, large, complex, or strategic projects:
- Participate in the technical review of project deliverables including requirement specifications, functional designs, technical designs and other project documentation to ensure the testability of requirements.
- Work with development and user community to define and develop testing requirements to validate software solutions were built to specifications.
- Create and maintain project testing schedule to track progress and ensures completion of testing within scheduled timeframes.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain test cases.
- Conduct System Test and User Acceptance Test.
- Provide regular and timely status updates on testing progress including quality metrics.
- Document and report defects within established process and tracking system.
- Manage defects reporting process for project.
- Coach and mentor QA Analysts and other stakeholders in Software Quality Assurance processes, practices, and business application functionality.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 5 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
Other Required Qualifications
- Track record of successfully leading multiple, or large-scale QA projects, including planning, estimating and prioritizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Understanding of multiple IT technical platforms, and application development methodologies.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, testing methodologies, version control systems, and quality assurance
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills with strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all disciplines of the IT organization and Business Partners
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Coded UI supporting multiple desktop and mobile browser platforms
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms using the Agile Dual Track Scrum methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager and related APIs to integrate with Visual Studio
- Use SpecFlow GWT terminology to translate User Stories into test assets (test plans, test cases, etc.)
- Experience using Visual Studio IDE, C# Programming Language, and the Microsoft.Net Framework
- Ability to create automated test scripts beyond record and playback to recognize UI controls and develop utilities, functions, control flow logic, loops
- Functional Testing
- Experience in the designing and implantation of Software Quality Assurance standards and practices.
- Proficient in requirements analysis, design, risk analysis, and prioritization skills on multiple or large sized software development projects.
- Callidus Truecomp experience or other third-party software testing
- Experience in commissions/compensation processing.
- Demonstrated experience with system development life cycle methodologies.
- Proficient with Hewlett-Packard Quality Center (HP QC).
- Automated Regression Testing
- Demonstrated experience in the design, and maintenance of automated regression testing frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution and maintenance of automated regression test suites.
- Proficient with Hewlett-Packard Quality Center (HP QC).
- Proficient in Hewlett-Packard Quick Test Pro (HP QTP)
- Performance Testing
- Demonstrated experience in the design and maintenance of performance testing frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution and maintenance of performance regression test suites and project specific testing.
- Proficient in Hewlett-Packard (HP) LoadRunner.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours for installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Expertise in designing complex SQL queries to create data access layers in automation solution
- Experience with unit testing, business layer testing and system integration testing
- Solid understanding of object oriented concepts and principals
- Proficiency to architect an automation solution analyzing its design, development, and implementation
- Excellent knowledge of software design techniques and automation coding practices
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time