CDW is a proven partner to businesses in need of information technology solutions. As data center, cloud, collaboration, storage and networking technologies grow ever more complex, it becomes even more difficult for internal IT teams to keep pace and maintain expertise across all areas that are pertinent to their business. The CDW Managed Services team provides qualified, cost-effective solutions that allow our customers to get the most from their technology and free up IT resources to serve business units and customers more strategically.
CDW has an opening for an IT Asset Manager, supporting the Managed Services organization. The incumbent of this position is responsible and accountable for the life-cycle management of information technology assets, e.g. hardware and software, used within Managed Services. The IT Asset Manager will own the audit mechanism(s) and processes for verifying that what is documented in Managed Services tool sets matches reality.
Key Areas of Responsibility.
- Designing/implementing IT Asset Management business processes;
- Develop and maintain policies, standards, processes, systems and measurements that enable the organization to manage the IT Asset Portfolio with respect to cost, control, compliance and business performance objectives.
- Refine/modify asset management policies, processes and procedures such that all ManS business units—and perhaps some business outside of ManS—can benefit from the data kept by IT Asset Manager;
- Ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency of the Asset Management Process;
- Provide training to Managed Services team on ITAM operations;
- Elicit open communication for feedback on ITAM operational improvements;
- Liaison with IT Governance team and CMDB Analyst regarding joint administration of CMDB and related activities;
- Expert user of ServiceNow Asset Management to track assets and analyze data;
- Optimize asset control and inventory management processes to track accountability identification, location, maintenance, contracts and lifecycle status;
- Ensure compliance with all software licenses agreements and software usage, in collaboration with Managed Services Vendor Management Team;
- Conduct inventories and reconcile all technology assets with current IT Asset, CMDB, and financial databases;
- Create Asset Management metrics for budget forecasting;
- Produce reporting in support of budgeting activities and spend analysis;
- Collect procurement and hardware information related to Capital Projects;
- Report on and close Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs);
- Work with Managed Services leadership to identify hardware and software to be purchased;
- Participate in procurement activities and negotiations as required;
- Ensure the disposal of hardware and software are properly documented and store those records in accordance with internal processes;
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and report cost savings on a quarterly basis;
- In tandem with the IT Governance team research/verify legislation that affects the use, tracking and reporting of assets; also research and report as needed to ManS leadership the potential impact of pending regulations and legislations;
- Work with Vendor Management team to develop and maintain positive relationships with third party vendors;
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Senior Managed Services Management;
Participate as a team member or leader in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business or computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience in asset management, financial analysis and life-cycle management including tool sets.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong vendor management skills;
- Budgeting, planning and forecasting experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to write and present proposals and technical documents;
- Ability to solve problems independently with proper communication to management and staff;
- Innovative and self-motivated to improve processes;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with great initiative and can-do attitude;
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly;
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills, customer service skills and the ability to work independently.
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow