The Marketing Operations and Delivery team brings the marketing strategies and plans to life for the customer by becoming expert in effectively executing outbound marketing content and messaging. This team distributes all activities in the marketing plan to customers using the pre-selected marketing channel, including events. They support cross-marketing functions by facilitating traditional project management and providing collateral to the CDW Sales team. This team will oversee and enforce governance, helping to ensure that agreed upon principles and guidelines are taught, communicated, understood and adhered to. This team will also support the technology requirements of the marketing organization, managing rollouts, upgrades, etc.
The Supervisor, Event Operations is responsible for leading the strategy and evolution of CDW’s infrastructure, measurement and driving operational excellence for events in the CDW marketing plan. This role works cross-functionally with leaders to ensure stakeholders are leveraging established best practices to create best in class experiences for customers, partners and coworkers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Build, maintain and enhance the suite of tools to manage live CDW event experiences along with driving awareness to increase utilization of the tools by key stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise and data coupled with knowledge of the business needs to provide recommendations to inform decisions and optimize platforms.
- Establish methodology, meaningful reporting, standardized consistent analysis and socialization to inform investment decisions on an event by event basis, as well as the holistic event channel.
- Drive large scale process improvement initiatives to achieve operational event excellence, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create and maintain training curriculum to educate key stakeholders on platform process and measurement capabilities.
- Lead cross-functional user groups to facilitate innovative thinking, drive utilization, identify best practices, prioritize and pilot new opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships and leverage best practices to advance team initiatives.
- Develop and manage annual budget and operating plan to support event operations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years event operations, program management or related field, including 2 years coaching/mentoring experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven project management experience driving initiatives from concept through completion.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a track record of successfully influencing stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to coach or mentor others.
- History of financial responsibility, contract scoping/negotiation and budget management.
- Record of successful organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Cvent or comparable event management platform
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience evaluating and implementing platform solutions