This job posting is no longer active
The Research Support Specialist is responsible for assisting the shipping, stocking, and vendor returns teams with locating and shipping various orders. This role also processes bin movements, assisting the ICAN/Customer Relations liaison, by researching “can’t find” requests, stock verification requests, “flagged for research” requests and research consignment transfer from warehouse.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Process all “flag for research” picks, and flag all “can’t find” requests.
- Handle escalated internal calls/requests from the help desk representative and sales.
- Process requests received via email request.
- Organize and monitor daily workflow to ensure team duties are completed.
- Support quality assurance programs and processes by ensuring compliance with regulatory, internal and customer requirements.
- Help resolve cubing issues.
- Maintain the quality control processes report.
- Communicate quality assurance results with appropriate team members.
- Support all internal quality assurance activities.
- Work with management and coworkers to audit, identify quality problems, and improve operational processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate and streamline processes and ensure open communication.
- Verify Consignment items from warehouse, 07/81(LV) or 01/21(CDC).
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Utilize a pallet-jack to move product or skids.
- QC and ship escalated “can’t find” requests.
- Manage projects and specialty assignments.
- Look for innovations to improve department efficiencies and service.
- Run daily reporting tools to proactively resolve inventory offsets and request required adjustments.
- Perform root cause analysis research and communicate findings to direct supervisor.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate counting ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and AS400
- Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
Job Category: Warehouse-Distribution General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%