This job posting is no longer active
The Purchasing manager leads the purchasing process of hardware, service and software items for both the Drop Ship and Inventory practice. This incumbent is a leader within the purchasing department, responsible for increasing drop ship/inventory efficiency and activities related to cost-effective procurement strategies to achieve company objectives. The Purchasing Manager partners with Sales, IT, Product Management, and Finance to ensure company/department strategies are achieved. This role manages a team of individuals to ensure the achievement of purchasing goals and developing close partner relationships.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and maintain strategic purchasing initiatives and associated goals to meet corporate objectives.
- Drive service level expectations with our suppliers and address those who are not meeting expectations.
- Review current procedures to ensure consistency across the function and optimal execution.
- Enhance internal and external customer and vendor relationships.
- Maintain open communication and effective partnerships with all internal stake holders cross-functionally.
- Lead and develop team member skill sets to ensure capabilities can effectively achieve results.
- Identify areas of process improvements, recommend and implement appropriate changes.
- Establish primary suppliers for all product lines.
- Manage our daily inventory goals, backorders, aging inventory, buy-in’s, and RFP practice.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of purchasing experience
- 1-year experience managing people
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels including senior leadership.
- History of strong analytical, negotiation, and strategic planning skills. Proficient in
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong partner relationships.
- Strong ability to multitask and identify priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of the purchasing process.
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by the changing needs of the business.
- History of building partnering relationships with top technology manufacturers and distribution partners
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management
Job Category: Procurement
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%