The Business Analyst/Scrum Master is responsible for leading multiple complex projects, ensuring comprehensive requirements are met and efforts within agile domain teams in order to enable the successful delivery of projects that provide exceptional business value to customers and sellers. Serves as a facilitator for both the Product Owner and the self-organizing team by removing any impediments that obstruct a team’s pursuit of its sprint goals. Lead discovery sessions to gather business and functional requirements, business solution design and systems analysis. This role designs, documents, measures and optimizes key business processes. This Business Analyst/Scrum Master is guided by the Agile methodology in development of user stories for organizational projects.
Reporting to the Program Delivery & Process IT Manager, the Business Analyst/Scrum Master is responsible for the management and coordination of concurrently running projects across multiple team disciplines including Product Management, Information Architecture/User Experience, Visual Design, Software Development, and QA using appropriate agile methodology techniques.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Executes project planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews and release planning, demos, retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Executes discovery sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing with stakeholders to gather requirements and business objectives.
- Analyze and derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and create user stories that reflect that success criteria and work with the Product Owner and delivery team towards achieving the objectives.
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Assigns tasks and collaborates and hold team members accountable so that they have clearly defined goals, concentration and focus, receive direct and immediate feedback, and have a sense of personal control over the activity.
- Accountable for adherence to CDW coding standards and quality and reduce the technical debtin collaboration with the development team
- Responsible for creating and delivering project communication materials for team members, management, and the Product Owner
- Serve as a conduit/broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Own and manage the project schedule through the implementation of agile methodologies while focusing on meeting project deliverables and goals. Communicate timelines, prepare and distribute project reports, and proactively manage issues to ensure adherence to project roadmaps and plan.
- Effectively manage projects by working with and coordinating across a cross functional team of various disciplines including Product Management, Information Architecture/User Experience, Front-end Development, Visual Design, Software Application Development, QA, Enterprise IT and Business Resources.
- Identify project issues and roadblocks that impede project progress, and work with appropriate stakeholders across the organization to effectively resolve issues and ensure project delivery success.
- Support the Product Owner to improve their effectiveness by helping them find ways to maintain the Product Backlog and release plan and help the delivery team to understand business needs, manage customer and stakeholder expectations, and communicate project goals, status, and deliverables.
- Develop detailed estimates, schedules for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget as necessary using agile methodologies that are compatible with the CDW Sales Solutions business and track and document completion of work plan activities.
- Develop and leverage appropriate technical, functional, or business knowledge to support the successful development of the end product. Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
Develop positive relationships and share information with project team members and interfacing teams.
- Resolve conflicts and competing demands and modify tasks, sequencing, and resourcing as appropriate to maintain progress.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a business-related field - or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- 8 years in combination of Project Management and Business Analyst Experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Agile Methodology project execution experience
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile principles.
- Demonstrated experience playing the Scrum Master role for medium to large development projects.
- Proven elicitation and facilitation skills of discovery sessions to gather project and system requirements.
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills in order to enable a project team to effectively manage competing demands.
- History of managing project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles.
- Advanced modeling techniques experience, including software, system, and data
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while continuing to meet project deadlines and goals.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master.
- Master’s degree in Business or Advanced Information Technologies
- History of translating ambiguous business requirements into Agile user stories and technical specifications
- History of ensuring the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Demonstrated experience updating Scrum Tools to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Demonstrated ability to assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Demonstrated experience tracking and communicating team velocity and sprint/release progress through burn down charts
- Demonstrated ability to assist in solution definition and design of a large-scale design or redesign of sites
- Skilled at collaborating with other Agile and Non-Agile project teams in the enterprise.
- Expertise with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and Team Foundation Server Board, and Clarity
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated influence without authority.