The Supervisor of Contract Negotiations provides high-quality, proactive and cost-effective contract review and negotiations with immediate oversight of the Contract Negotiations Team within a specified segment of the business. The Supervisor of Contract Negotiations is involved in training, developing, and supervising the members of the Contract Negotiations Team as well as monitor, regulate, and report on team member workload when needed. In addition to these primary duties, the Supervisor of Contract Negotiations will assist the Manager of Contracts with the development of contracting tools, documents
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure proper drafting, review and negotiation of Customer-facing agreements and related contract documents are conducted by the team members within a specified segment of the business.
- Ensure proper review, negotiations, and risk management of Services Partner-facing agreements
- Maintain and build relationships with counterparties: public sector customers, private sector customers, subcontractors and/or vendors, as applicable to team
- Aids in the review, draft and negotiation of complex and/or escalated contractual documents
- Addresses contract-related issues as they arise, with appropriate escalation to the Manager of Contracts when required
- Ensure proper compliance with negotiation processes and guidelines with smooth flow and even distribution of work.
- Propose updates to, and assist with the development and training of contracting procedures and contracting tools
- Monitor team metrics and goals for, including but not limited to, high performance standards and reporting obligations as established
- Train, mentor, coach and develop team members to achieve their professional goals and properly coordinate team assignments to ensure even distribution of work
- Engage with leadership and stakeholders to maximize business value and minimize risk
- Offer suggestions and input to assist with Program Sales’ development of standardized legal documents and contract-related templates for use with customers and providers
- Work with other CDW departments to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of business and/or legal experience with experience in the drafting and negotiation of various kinds of agreements, including procurement solicitations (RFIs, RFB's, RFQ's, and RFP's) for the applicable segment.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Proven leadership ability with an intense focus on diplomatic relationship building
- Strong organizational analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal risks and opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a comprehensive command of legal terms and phrasing
- Proven ability to effectively articulate positions throughout negotiations and persuade others.
- Ability to effectively interact, influence and gain acceptance of coworkers within different levels of the organization and within different departments.
- Ability to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat editing tools
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Juris Doctorate (JD) or other Contract Management professional certification (CPCM, CCM, etc.)
- 10 years of business and/or legal experience with expertise in drafting and negotiation of various kinds of agreements, including procurement solicitations (RFI, RFB, RFQ and RFP) for the applicable segment
- Professional technical services Contract Administration experience
- System and contract database management experience