The Sr. Manager, Outbound Operations oversees all aspects of the outbound process, specifically shipping, billing and outbound office administration. This position also includes ensuring a same day shipping process including the closing procedures. This role also focuses on the direct relationships between all other operations departments and outbound departments: shipping, billing and outbound office administration.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures shipping and billing procedures are followed to ensure all orders are quality checked, freighted and invoiced accurately and on time.
- Ensures that all customer orders are shipped as ordered and complete the shipping and billing process including carrier pick-up.
- Evaluates current procedures and brings forward recommendations for increasing the efficiency of the operation.
- Promotes, follows and enforces CDW safety standards as well as policies and procedures outlined in the Road to Success Handbook.
- Maintain accurate daily reporting to ensure that the outbound departments are on target to meet goals with resolution for areas falling short of goals.
- Manage a team of coworkers to ensure they are trained, productive and motivated through ongoing communication, coaching, mentoring and evaluation of performance expectations.
- Maintain open communication between other departments and vendors while resolving any issues that do not meet CDW guidelines.
- Resolve personnel issues and bring forward any serious concerns to management and CWS.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to negotiate pricing.
- Assist with warehouse tours.
- Minimum travel as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Climb warehouse racking steps, mezzanine and walk for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years experience working is a distribution center environment.
- 7 years experience in a leadership role.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify external issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise form conveyors and forklifts.
- Demonstrated ability to climb warehouse racking steps, mezzanine and walk for long periods of time
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a large-scale same day operation.