This job posting is no longer active
The Sr. Manager, Outbound Operations oversees all aspects of the outbound process, specifically shipping, billing and outbound office administration. This position also includes ensuring a same day shipping process including the closing procedures. This role also focuses on the direct relationships between all other operations departments and outbound departments: shipping, billing and outbound office administration.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures shipping and billing procedures are followed to ensure all orders are quality checked, freighted and invoiced accurately and on time.
- Ensures that all customer orders are shipped as ordered and complete the shipping and billing process including carrier pick-up.
- Evaluates current procedures and brings forward recommendations for increasing the efficiency of the operation.
- Promotes, follows and enforces CDW safety standards as well as policies and procedures outlined in the Road to Success Handbook.
- Maintain accurate daily reporting to ensure that the outbound departments are on target to meet goals with resolution for areas falling short of goals.
- Manage a team of coworkers to ensure they are trained, productive and motivated through ongoing communication, coaching, mentoring and evaluation of performance expectations.
- Maintain open communication between other departments and vendors while resolving any issues that do not meet CDW guidelines.
- Resolve personnel issues and bring forward any serious concerns to management and CWS.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to negotiate pricing.
- Assist with warehouse tours.
- Minimum travel as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Climb warehouse racking steps, mezzanine and walk for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years experience working is a distribution center environment.
- 7 years experience in a leadership role.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify external issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise form conveyors and forklifts.
- Demonstrated ability to climb warehouse racking steps, mezzanine and walk for long periods of time
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a large-scale same day operation.
Job Category: Warehouse-Distribution General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%