This job posting is no longer active
This position will report to the Director of Information Security. The Senior Manager will oversee the operations of CDW’s Information Security solutions through management of the organization’s security engineers. In addition, the Senior Manager will evaluate and implement technical solutions that ensure the security of sensitive and proprietary information.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and implements a strong Information Security practice at CDW
- Oversight of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories
- Day-to-day management of Information Security Operations.
- Manage Security Operations activities and coworkers
- Oversees security monitoring practice and analysis of security alerts
- Supervise all investigations and provide on-going communication with stakeholders and senior management
- Lead the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Establishes Information Security processes for the team
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within allocated budget
- Supervise, mentor and train team members to ensure that job requirements are being properly met and completed on time.
- Delegate work assignments and coach team members to ensure systems are implemented according to specifications and standards
- Design and deploy information security awareness training for all coworkers to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with CDW’s Information Security Program.
- Establish, document and enforce CDW’s Information Security Policy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new vulnerabilities, attacks and threat vectors.
- Partner with IT leaders to instill Information Security industry best practices across IT including development, third-party software support, database administration, enterprise architecture, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Information Security
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of experience in IT with a primary focus on Information Security
- 3 years of management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Expert level knowledge in the principles of Network Technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems vulnerabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, Cisco networking equipment, and firewall/DMZ design and best practices
- Expert knowledge of Intrusion Detection, Prevention, Environmental Security Solutions and host-based solutions
- Expert knowledge in security concepts, response protocols and information management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strong process documentation skills.
- An industry recognized certification such as CISSP, SANS/GIAC, Cisco CCCSP
- Project Management experience.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time