CDW is a leading provider of Hosting, Shared Infrastructure, and Managed Services. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising client support and technical leadership, and our offerings provide our clients with complete information technology management solutions.
The AIM Solution Architect analyzes client technical requirements and provides options and recommendations, using CDW service offerings. The Solution Architect provides technical support, architecture and assistance with the overall sales strategy for the CDW AIM practice. This job calls for a broad range of skills, emphasizing in-depth solution knowledge and communication skills. This role calls for a technical, detail oriented, organized, and motivated individual who can multitask and work efficiently within a team.
The Solution Architect works closely with and supports the following teams, channels and constituents, among others groups.
- CDW Managed Services Channel Managers and Operations Teams
- CDW Aggregation, Integration & Manages Services (AIM Team)
- CDW Branch Field Sellers
- CDW ISA and FSA Engineers
- CDW Account Management Teams
- Other internal and/or external constituencies as assigned
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the teams listed above, especially the AIM Team, by providing technical support, solution design, and input to the overall sales strategy.
- Evangelize CDW’s AIM practice, with a focus on CDW Managed Service Solutions, to CDW coworkers, partners and clients.
- Attend trainings to become familiar with CDW and partner branded offerings
- Identify, architect and position appropriate solution (CDW and Partner branded) to clients
- Develop material for proposals and pricing and present to clients.
- Help facilitate the transition to solution implementation.
- Work closely with internal CDW Managed Services, CDW professional Services, and other internal technical teams to ensure all proposed solutions are complete and perform as designed.
- Assist in supporting clients after implementation as new requirements arise. Maintain client relationships to ensure satisfaction and continually strive to improve those relationships.
- Keep abreast of the products and services, market conditions, and competitive activities.
- Provide input to product development based on feedback from client, industry trends and market analysis.
- Work with the field sales teams to help ensure our solutions are understood and included with CDW hardware, software, and services proposals. Help the sales teams achieve their assigned revenue and profit objectives.
- Evaluate performance results and make adjustments as needed.
- A laser focus on growing the Managed Cloud, Cisco UC and related CDW Managed Services offerings.
- Alone, or in collaboration with CDW AIM team, acquire new client accounts, new sales and new business—primarily in the Cisco UC space—in accordance with the strategic and financial goals and objectives set by CDW AIM leadership.
- Meet or exceed individual and/or group sales quota for new client acquisition and growth of existing clients.
- Develop and maintain broad and deep expertise primarily in all CDW remote and hosted managed technologies, but over time, in all CDW Managed Services technologies and offerings. This includes a thorough understanding of the people, processes, tools, IT Governance, onboarding, operations, certifications and credentials and other institutional knowledge that is necessary to effectively position and sell the CDW Managed Services practice and portfolio of services.
- Evangelize the CDW AIM practice and it’s solutions to CDW coworkers, clients, and others.
- Work with lead generation and qualification resources to assess appropriateness of incoming leads.
- Work directly with clients to assess appropriateness of opportunities.
- Work closely with the CDW Managed Services Channel Managers and—as appropriate—other teams in creating, presenting, selling and closing Cisco UC-based solutions that address clients strategic, business, technical, financial and other requirements.
- Create quotes, proposals, solution diagrams and/or other sales collateral and present to clients.
- Responsible for owning the execution of the myriad tactical tasks involved in the CDW Managed Services sales cycle
- Tasks include, but are not limited to, ongoing proactive and reactive communication with client and CDW sales resources necessary to always be working and moving a deal toward closure; creating and presenting quotes and proposals; obtaining pricing discount approvals; authoring responses to clients RFIs and RFPs; present at client Red Carpet and similar events; coordinate presentation of demos, dashboards, and reports; create and present pre-SOWs and pricing exhibits; manage SOW and contract negotiation with client and CDW legal and other entities; process signed SOWs and contracts; manage client expectations; participate in IKOM and CKOM events; remain attached to existing clients to address new growth opportunities.
- Keep abreast of CDW and Partner products, services, market conditions, competitive landscape, trends, and other industry metrics relative to the Managed Services market.
Evaluate performance results and make adjustments as necessary.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
BS/BA Degree required or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 3-5 years of Sales Engineering/Technical Consultant experience in a growth environment with core focus on Data Center and Management technologies
Other Required Qualifications
Solid understanding of Hosting, Shared Infrastructure, and Managed Services solutions
Experience with the technical design of IT systems and networks
Experience with Cisco routing, switching, Wireless, Unified communications and Collaboration, F5, Riverbed, Microsoft, Azure, NetApp, EMC and IBM, among other key technologies
Strong communication skills both orally and written with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and various cross functional teams as well as clients
Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
Must work well with clients, vendors, CDW coworkers, and management
Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in, or knowledge of , the CDW Professional Services and/or the CDW Managed Services practice, with an understanding of the people, processes, tools, IT Governance, onboarding, operations, certifications and credentials and CDW Managed Services institutional knowledge