Senior Virtualization Delivery Engineers at CDWG team with other Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. The Sr. Virtualization Delivery Engineer will be responsible for designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting customer specific virtual environments. The position is Federally focused and the engineer will need to operate within a Department of Defense/Classified environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with clients to define, develop, and deliver appropriate software / hardware solutions for customer’s data center.
- Maintain current knowledge of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) portfolio of solutions
- Document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Serve as top-level support for SDDC products related issues
- Collaborate with a team to architect and engineer private, public, and hybrid cloud networks
- Develop self-service automation (Business Process Automation) via vRA/vRO and/or system automation via vROps/vRO to address common O&M tasks
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- 7 years of delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support including Failover techniques, recovery/rollback and application partitioning
- 7 years of Federal and/or DoD experience
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) in Datacenter Virtualization
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) in Desktop/Mobility
- DoD/OPM Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience implementation, sustainment, and troubleshooting of VDI (Horizon) solutions in large environments
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a Department of Defense environment.
- Experience with remediating identified Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) within DoD systems
- Experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting NSX environments
- Willing to travel (50-70%)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Strong technical knowledge of vSphere, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), and vRealize Operations Manager (vROps)
- Technical knowledge in one or more VMware products: vCloud Suite, vRealize Suite, VMware Horizon View, VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN), vRealize Log Insight (vRLI), vRealize Network Insight (vRNI), or VMware NSX
- Experience with current software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) in Cloud Management/Automation
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) in Network Virtualization
- Understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, etc.)