This job posting is no longer active
This position is The Payroll Specialist ensures all coworkers are paid accurately and in an efficient manner. Continuously look for ways to improve current processes while maintaining compliance with CDW, IRS Government, and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) regulations and policies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Process Multi State Payroll, (hourly, salary (nonexempt and exempt coworkers)
- Process calculation, hours, payment deductions, taxable benefits, and bonus payments
- Perform task for Wage Attachments / Garnishment set-up and ensures timely and accurate submissions to ADP including auditing payment deductions and termination reporting to agency and courts
- Maintain checklists and logs for audit purposes
- Follow established procedures
- Assist in other various Payroll tasks as needed
- Data entry (direct deposit, W-4, general deductions, one-time deductions etc.).
- Preparation, importing, and auditing data (bonuses, benefits, garnishments, etc.).
- Meet all deadlines to facilitate timely payroll transmissions.
- Research and respond to employee inquiries (leave time, tax calculations, etc.).
- Audit leave balances for employees.
- Ensure consistent treatment of departmental controls and procedures.
- Create internal reports for financial reporting, accounts receivable, benefits, planning and others.
- Create external reports for various workforce development agencies.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience of Processing Payroll
- Basic experience using Enterprise Resources Platforms (PeopleSoft, Oracle)
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with solid Excel skills
- Strong data entry skills with critical attention to detail
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Experience with multi-state (30+) payrolls with 7,000+ employees.
- Experience with an in-house payroll system
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%