This job posting is no longer active
The System Engineer provides support for the 3rd party and open source application stack leveraged by CDW Integrated Technology Services to support our service catalog and operations. The core applications involved include ServiceNow, PowerBI and knowledge management tools. This role is a member of the Services Operations team responsible for the availability, improvements to, and expansion of this toolset.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with technology owners and stakeholders to formalize requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with peers to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Translate requirements into application solutions with input and direction from senior and lead engineers.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure service continuity as new solutions are implemented.
- Develop and maintain applications to CDW standards and quality.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
- Ensure service continuity for key applications by responding to issues in accordance with defined resolution standards.
- 3 years experience in software application development and/or management.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of, project team members and stakeholders
- Possess an understanding of the stages of the development life cycle - Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation.
- Experience with monitoring applications including but not limited to Nimsoft Unified Monitoring.
- Experience with IT Service Management applications including but not limited to HP Service Desk or HP Service Manager.
- Experience with MediaWiki or similar Open-Source documentation management platforms.
- Working knowledge of several scripting/programming languages (Perl, Java, .Net)
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, or PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience with Linux command line (bash), VI, etc.
- Experience with version control software (CVS, Subversion, Bazaar, Git).
- Some knowledge of Apache HTTP Server and/or Tomcat.
- Experience with Liferay or similar portal platforms.
Job Category: Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%