The Receiving Data Entry Spec is responsible for processing inbound shipments, which includes matching blank receipts with packing list, creating GRN’s (receipt number) and assisting coworkers as needed. In addition, this role must research and complete daily discrepancies with Purchasing and Vendor Partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Matches vendor packing list with CDW blank receipt or shipping labels. Coworker will be responsible for creating a receipt number when necessary once the item has been quality controlled.
- Assists in processing Cisco, EMC, and HP bundle orders using AS400 system and RF scanner.
- Processes drop ship customer orders by Quality Control and creating shipping labels to ship out using AS400 system or RF scanner on a daily basis. – only VH location.
- Works with Accounts Payable in researching and resolving vendor payback/debits using AS400 system varying month to month.
- Reviews and maintains daily vendor discrepancy logs in a spreadsheet.
- Researches items on the not-qc cart daily.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves PO discrepancies daily.
- Collaborates with Purchasing and Vendor Partners daily on resolving discrepancies.
- Works with SPS, Win-sales and Win-purch, application xtender, and moxie systems daily.
- Demonstrates professional communication skills via email and phone with Vendor Partners, Buyers, and various departments that include Stocking, Returns, Inventory, CDW Support, and Sales on a daily basis.
- Communicates with Receiving team members to resolve discrepancy POs
- Assists Receiving floor with offloading, unboxing, and sorting. This includes, Quality Control, labeling, placing product in the appropriate tote/carts/skids, and moving product with pallet jack or forklift.
- Places corrugated boxes, plastic, and paper in the proper recycle containers and keeps the area clean at all times.
- Rotates throughout the Receiving Department performing various receiving functions and may be asked to rotate to other job functions in the warehouse, including cross-department functions for training and operational purposes.
Start Time: 4 AM
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 1 year of previous warehouse experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- General knowledge of AS400 using standard keyboard and Microsoft based programs including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills and critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 40 lbs. frequently. Team lifting is encouraged for items weighing over 50 lbs.
- Perform 8 or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors, and forklifts.
- Ability of balancing multiple responsibilities simultaneously with the ability to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- 1 year previous receiving experience
- 2 years of previous warehouse experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications