The Technology Business Development Manager position will be the leader responsible for aligning a cross-departmental team in achieving technology sales. The primary objective is to grow sales by developing the technical and selling ability of account managers through mutually beneficial relationships within the CDW partner community, PPM, ITS, and Marketing. By providing strategic oversight to the group’s effort, this focus will align and reinforce sales leadership goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Interface with segment leadership in building skill development plan to achieve sales growth
- Communicate with and collaborate with sales management, marketing, sales operations, sales training, and other internal stakeholders to align messages and coordinate efforts
- Contribute to strategic planning process
- Regularly meet with Sales Advisory Board for AM direction
- Develop an effective business plan to effectively evolve CDWs partner training strategy with the appropriate PPM team
- Frequent calls with various levels of management from select partner organizations
- Strategize with partners to develop quality training and delivery.
- Further develop partner relationships and foster new opportunities
- Prepare and give partner performance reviews
Integrated Technology Solutions (ITS)
- Collaborate with target ITS managers to define approach in delivering relevant, effective training experience from Solution Architects to Account Managers
- Partner with ITS experts to align training messages with other department initiatives
- Coordinate efforts across ITS to ensure timely delivery and effective resource utilization
- Collaborate with both segment and solutions Marketing to identify effective internal and external collateral
- Coordinate efforts to amplify messages with account managers and customers
- Provide Monthly reporting on training plans and results to stakeholders.
- Grow sales within assigned target technologies and partners.
- Communicate regularly with Sales Directors and Sales Managers to enhance focus on top and strategic partners.
- Communicate ideas with Sales, Sales Capability and ITS Capability
- Ensure that all programs are in line with each other resulting in one common goal
- Give quarterly updates to executive management
- Leader of liaisons who interface with other departments (IE. PPM, cross sales initiatives, project leadership, etc.)
- Task Force Participation
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
Exemplary communication skills, written, oral, as well as presentation
Strong Leadership, planning and strategic thinking skills
Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
Up to 25% travel