Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of techies, to collaborate and master with. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful 18-month, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an Engineer Consultant on CDW’s services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
ACEs focusing in Information Security work with our customers to identify and mitigate Information Security risk. Through the ACE Program, skills are developed to perform technically-focused security assessments for our customers, including:
- Uncovering and exploiting security weaknesses on a client network through vulnerability scanning and penetration testing (i.e. white-hat hacking).
- Providing reports and briefings that are consumable by both executives and technical audiences. These reports help our clients understand their current security posture and provide actionable guidance on how to most effectively reduce risk.
- Opportunity to expand into Information Security policy and control consulting related to PCI, HIPAA, and NIST.
- Pre-Sales – listen and observe sales activities, understand the customer needs, asks appropriate questions. Provide in-depth technical expertise on specific platforms and applications supporting solution architecture.
- Planning – participate in kick off meetings. Communicate customer information and requirements with the project team. Review Statement of Work (SOW), validating scope and tactical project requirements.
CDW is a leader in providing Information Security risk assessment services. By joining our team, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects as colleagues to help enable your success.
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- BA/BS including concentration in; Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or one of the following:
- Associate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related technology focused concentration plus 1 year of relevant practical experience or;
- 3+ years relevant practical experience in IT networking, information systems management or applications development or;
- 1 year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
- Ability to travel up to 50% (can vary by location)
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- At least 1 semester or equivalent experience of programming experience with Python, Perl, Ruby, or PowerShell
- Experience with Linux
- One or more of the following professional certifications: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CCNA, CISSP, OSCP, SANS GIAC
- Experience in cyber competitions.
- Public speaking experience
- Military Information Security background is a plus
- National technology related challenges, awards or achievements
- DoD/OPM Secret Clearance