The objective of everything we do is to grow CDW sales. To be the leading IT solutions provider, we must deliver a simple yet superior experience across all channels and devices. Our Search, Brand and Content, Product Design and Product Management teams will drive value for both our customers and internal account managers, while ultimately driving growth for CDW. Our digital experiences can deliver the credibility and proof needed that CDW is the best choice for IT decision-making and management.
The eCommerce Product Manager will lead the product strategy for a specific function/s across all our online properties (CDW.com, CDWG.com, CDW.CA and our customer-facing mobile products).
Reporting directly to the Head of eCommerce Product Management, the eCommerce Product Manager will play a key role in defining the product vision, building the product strategy to support that vision, and executing that strategy through the product roadmap that they create and own maintaining a focus on building experiences that delight our customers and drive tangible business outcomes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define a 1-2 year product vision that supports the company’s vision, strategy and direction with the ability to continuously adjust based on the changing business and industry landscape
- Lead the product discovery process to define and prioritize the product backlog through data-informed decision making
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of customer needs and develop a customer feedback pipeline in order to develop a strong backlog of products and features that will delight the customer and strengthen the CDW business and value prop
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of the competitive landscape and have a deep understanding of top competitors’ strengths and opportunities
- Lead a cross functional product team through the entire product development lifecycle (from discovery to delivery) in order to ensure that quality products and features are delivered to market as quickly as possible. Build an environment conducive to forming a high performing team
- Build strong opportunity assessments to ensure the most valuable and usable features are built. Apply and conduct user testing techniques to determine customer value and impact.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills to evaluate product alternatives and make compelling recommendations and prioritization trade-off decisions
- Develop the product’s objectives and key results (OKRs) and maintain a product scorecard showing progress to those results. Perform and report on pre/post launch analysis of each product initiative focused on financial results
- Communicate and collaborate with other Product Managers and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment around product and delivery objectives
- Accountable for delivering against business goals and objectives and driving business outcomes
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements on project scope and works effectively with Product Design and IT partners to select analytical methods and techniques appropriate for the business problem solution
- Effectively scope problems to be solved and effectively develop and deliver feature requirements with limited support in scoping and problem framing
- Proven success in gaining cooperation in situations without any direct authority. Wins the confidence of multiple stakeholders from differing departments and backgrounds and can manage their expectations uniquely with their personality front of mind
- Writes and defines business requirements and user stories to ensure a valuable and usable product is built. Partners with Product Design and IT Development to ensure the solution proposed and developed meets the product requirements and delivers against the product objectives
- Leads the Product team and takes responsibility to ensure all team members understand the product vision, roadmap prioritization, and the value and objectives of all features being worked on
- Effectively communicate the product vision and how it links with the company’s objectives with team members and stakeholders throughout the organization
- Continuously learn and adapt to the changing CDW business in order to enable a strong product strategy that drives business outcomes
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Product Management certification
3 years of experience of product management in technology, B2B and/or retail industry, directly or through consulting engagements
3 years of experience in consumer-facing online commerce
2 years of direct experience working in Dual Track Scrum and implementing projects using the Agile Scrum methodology
Other Required Qualifications
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
Strong attention to detail with the ability to creatively problem solve.
History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with both Product Design and IT disciplines in order to ensure products that are built are valuable, usable, and feasible
Ability to influence, lead, and gain buy-in from business stakeholders, IT resources, and management
Brings a strong financial and business discipline to roadmap prioritization
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Presentation skills and the ability to present to the eCommerce leadership team to explain, vision, roadmap, objectives, and results
MBA in business, direct marketing, mathematics or economics
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Computer Science