The Accountant I has general accounting duties including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, and account reconciliations. They assist with monthly closings and account analysis, as well, support senior accountants, supervisor and/or manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Investigate variances in balances, versus both prior year and plan.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of accounting or financial audit experience, OR
- Associate’s degree and 3 years of accounting or financial audit experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid accounting skills
- Demonstrated critical attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with solid experience in Excel
- Exposure to accounting software (Peoplesoft, Hyperion Financial Management)