This job posting is no longer active
The Technical Specialist focuses on helping to accelerate adoption of VMWare products and solutions in each of our customer segments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with software partner and CDW to:
- Drive sales revenue, gross profit and growth metrics.
- Provide technical specialist support according to rules of engagement.
- Contribute to proposal development and review.
- Contribute to the development of sales assets.
- Participate in sales training.
- Deliver a specified number of wins, case studies and references.
- Work with software partner to:
- Execute joint VMware and CDW marketing plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the technical sales teams within the software partner and CDW.
- Contribute to the development of service offerings.
- Maintain knowledge of solution trends and roadmaps.
- Participate in the software partner early adopter programs.
- Develop and contribute to intellectual property including toolsets, whitepapers, methodologies, case studies, etc.
Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
Minimum 2-yr experience in similar role
Other Required Qualifications
Solution Selling Experience: Proven success with enterprise customers, working knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics and business value selling.
Account Management and Prioritization Excellence: Demonstrated strategic time management and multitasking skills. Effectively accelerates opportunity pipeline with predictable business results that exceed revenue targets.
Able to handle many projects / customer engagements simultaneously.
Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with customers, colleagues and manager.
Communication excellence through written and oral communications. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Sales Teamwork: High degree of collaboration with multiple sales personnel, as well as VMWare. Involve appropriate resources to ensure win and success of projects.
Demonstrate judgment in the engagement of those resources.
Demonstrated skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve.
Project oversight responsibilities, management and technical leadership and Engineer mentoring experience preferred.
Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.
Job Category: Engineering General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%