This job posting is no longer active
The Manager, Sales & Margin Analysis is responsible for the reporting and analysis of CDW’s sales and gross profit margin. This position is responsible for providing analytical support to executive-level management on impacts to gross profit margin from changes in business trends, customer and product mixes, as well as understanding the impacts of specific deals on gross profit margin. The Manager also provides leadership, direction and management to the Sales & Margin Analysis team and works on special projects as needed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Deliver monthly and quarterly sales & margin reporting and analysis for Finance executives and the Executive Committee.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly results against prior periods to ensure the reasons for the variances are fully understood.
- Manages the Sales & Margin Analysis team, ensuring the reporting and analysis of gross profit margin is efficient.
- Works collaboratively with the business and other finance teams globally to understand the business drivers behind the changes to gross profit margin.
- Provide leadership guidance and development opportunities to increase skill set and overall business, system and interpersonal aptitude of the Sales and Margin Analysis team.
- Provide governance over the data model in CDW’s systems
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
- Works with the revenue accounting, operational accounting and FP&A business partners to ensure the accuracy of the gross profit margin.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required.
- Provides quarterly Investor Relations support packages for earnings releases and earnings call scripts.
- Develops and implements sales and margin reporting and analysis tools: drives continuous improvement related to the reporting process.
- Responsible for understanding the data measures, identifying any issues with the measures and communicating to the broader Data governance team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- External candidates:
- 5 years previous accounting or financial analysis experience.
- 1 year previous management experience
- Internal candidates:
- 4 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to take the lead on researching/resolving issues (from start to finish), or representing department on projects
- Ability to coach and lead a team, as well as represent the department in projects and other initiatives
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Pyramid, Sequel and Hyperion)
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%