This job posting is no longer active
The Director, Instructional Design leads and executes Instructional Design strategies, materials and tools to maximize coworker readiness, growth and execute corporate strategies. Programs include, but are not limited to, onboarding programs for sellers and technical engineers, skills development programs for sellers, solution architects, and engineers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead, direct and program manage the Instructional Design team and activities for all existing Sales and ITS Capability Programs. Instructional designers will be internal and sometimes contracted externally.
- Strategize with Sales, ITS and Corporate leadership to create and lead learning programs including onboarding and ongoing skill development.
- Strategize with Sales Leadership to create and lead post Residency learning plans to support segment annual plans.
- Collaborate with Sales and ITS Capability leadership prioritize key strategies, learning tools, platforms and learning interventions.
- Strategize with CDW Partners on program and content details for CDW sales and integrated technology solutions learning programs.
- Lead a team to execute the ongoing design, development, maintenance and measurement of instructional materials and performance improvement solutions.
- Develop a successful team through effective coaching and performance management to build bench strength that allows for succession planning.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and deliver solutions that align with business goals.
- Drive the testing and measurement strategies to ensure consistent quality and business impact.
- Maximize operational efficiencies, maintain program budgets and report ongoing variances.
- Share knowledge of best practices and guide team members to the most appropriate solution.
- Effectively measure and assess participants’ skills and the degree of stakeholder satisfaction with provided services and resources. Establish strategies for addressing gaps.
- Lead the team to develop, manage and execute program and project management plans that meet business requirements.
- Ensure an ongoing process exists which continuously enhances the knowledge and capability of sales and ITS coworkers.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas.
- Manage internal and external instructional designers.
- Actively involved in the instructional design efforts in a player/coach role.
- 10 years of experience in Instructional Design, Learning and Development and/or Educational Leadership Experience.
- 7 years of progressive Management experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into learning and development plans
- Strong knowledge of current technology trends and the ability to translate technical acumen into learning and development plans
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Knowledge of performance improvement strategy and adult learning theories.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize and report both quantitative and narrative data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to direct coworkers and develop a cohesive team.
- Strong working knowledge of learning management systems and content development programs/tools.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in performance management theory, design and practice.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Adult Learning, Instructional Design or Organizational/Management related fields.
- Project Management Certification(s)
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%