This job posting is no longer active
The role of the Account Executive - Advanced Technology Solutions is to drive product gross profit (GP), service revenue, and Data Center revenue across a portfolio of Advanced Technology Solutions by:
- Developing the capabilities and skills to market and sell CDW Advanced Technology Solutions in key areas such as Networking, Unified Communication, Wireless, Security, Data Center, Server and Storage Solutions (Virtualization, Optimization), Microsoft, and related Professional Services.
- Selling the CDW Advanced Technology services engagement methodology to assigned end users and prospects and assisting to develop and deliver Statements of Work around specific customer tailored professional services engagements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Exceed revenue and profit goals on a consistent basis
- Exceed services sales revenue goals
- Maintain strong partnerships with specific manufacturing and services partners
- Increased awareness of CDW's value proposition and total portfolio across assigned accounts
- Strategic Management
- Consistently deliver specific Advanced Technology product GP and service revenue attainment.
- Market and sell the entire portfolio of CDW core products and solutions with the inside Account Manager sales force.
- Exceed monthly service revenue targets on a consistent basis.
- Assist the region in attaining high services utilization
- Maintain services gross margins of 40% or higher.
- Prepare, update, and review a territory business plan semi-annually. Maintain in-depth knowledge of accounts, competition, and partner base.
- Collaborate with peers and manager to refine and execute business development strategies.
- Build working relationships with inside Account Managers and CDW departments such as Program Sales, Purchasing and Marketing.
- Customer/Vendor Management
- Lead partner engagement strategies in region based on region's strategic business plan.
- Proactively serve as CDW sales resource and "how to navigate CDW environment"
- Engage local vendor field representatives, collaborating sales efforts and partnerships with target accounts including uncovering new account opportunities and secure favorable pricing.
- Develop solid business relationships within the various decision-makers at all levels at each target account
- Understand each target customer's business model and related organizational structure and identify the customers' unique needs.
- Training and Development
- Make joint customer calls with new hires and less tenured Account Executives; provide constructive feedback.
- Provide mentoring for peers in segment and region
- Sales Administration
- Facilitate dialog to resolve order issues with the Inside Sales Representative, Account Manager, or Branch Manager as needed.
- Four to five years of direct selling experience in a high technology customer facing sales environment.
Other Required Qualifications
- Solid understanding of technologies and partners that drive our driving Advanced Technology solutions including Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, EMC and HP or their competitive equivalents.
- Experience selling and marketing technical services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or the equivalent in experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Job Category: Outside Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%