CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Integrated Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Integrated Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
The ServiceNow Business Consultant will be responsible for solution design, delivery and enablement of IT processes such as IT service management , IT operations management, DevOps, SecOps for our customers on the ServiceNow platform. The consultant will lead design of best practice solutions to deliver key business outcomes for customers implementation including; Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Configuration, Knowledge, and Service Level Management. The Business consultant works to develop an integrated view of the business unit using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design, build and deploy business outcome driven solutions focused on designing processes which solve customer problems, are repeatable, accelerate value and employ process best practices and standards
- Elicit ITSM and ITOM process requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analytics, task and workflow analysis.
- Process definition and re-engineering to achieve operational objectives with ServiceNow
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying needs.
- Drive change and align business units for successful implementation of business processes and organizational changes.
- Able to collect and interpret client business needs and translate them into ServiceNow business, operational and technical design and implementation.
- Collaborate and contribute as a subject matter expert to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs.
- Define key metrics to qualify project success and client satisfaction.
- Identify process and project risks and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for resolution and mitigation; perform contingency planning.
- Incorporate continuous process improvement and change management strategies in planning
- Applications and infrastructure management experience; consulting experience preferred.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives
Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
3+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
Strong consulting experience leading service and solution definition and deployment
ITSM strategy and consulting experience with tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy, HP ServiceDesk
Excellent written, presentation, facilitation and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to c-level executives.
ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations Certification required
ServiceNow Certifications : ServiceNow Administration with focus on one or more Process areas like ITSM, ITOM or SecOps – with at least one of the certifications below
ServiceNow System Administrator Certification Exam* (CSA)
Certified Implementation Specialist - ITSM Exam* (CIS-ITSM)
Certified Implementation Specialist - Service Mapping Exam* (CIS-SM)
Certified Implementation Specialist - Vulnerability Response Exam* (CIS-VR)
Knowledge of other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps or COBIT beneficial.
Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology, including creation of stories
Proven experience as a technical thought-leader: invents new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies and domain understanding to forge new market opportunities.
Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers. Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
Ability to travel 25% of the time
Ability to effectively communicate with clients