This job posting is no longer active
The Sr. Benefits Specialist performs and participates in the analysis, design, and development of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan. This role provides professional and analytical guidance in the administration and management of company health, welfare and retirement plans. Monitors benefits trends in the business environment and stays abreast of applicable benefits legislation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyzes market competitiveness of current benefits and remains updated with legislative changes.
- Participates in marketing of plan and programs to prospective plan sponsors, including facilitation of requests for proposals, vendor evaluation and selection and project manage plan/program implementation.
- Recommends coworker benefit programs by examining, evaluating, and optimizing coworker understanding, acceptance, and interests, costs, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantage.
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes coworker benefit data and trends.
- Coordinates plan documentation and plan compliance to regulatory standards. Examples include Summary Plan Descriptions, governmental reporting, and mandated participant disclosures.
- Assist with internal and external audits, providing appropriate examples and documentation.
- Provides data for annual plan non-discrimination testing and Affordable Care Act 1095 reporting.
- Evaluates proposed coworker benefit contracts.
- Audits deduction files for payroll and makes corrections, meeting payroll deadlines.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the integration with payroll systems, including deductions and file feeds to vendors.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in group health benefit plan design and financial analysis.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health plan benefit plan design, plan service/administration procedures, health plan underwriting/actuarial principles/funding, and wellness programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including Senior Leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%