This job posting is no longer active
Has in depth technical knowledge, assists others, when needed, and strengthens relationships with partners and field coworkers for increased productivity.
The Inside Sales Engineer focuses on supporting Solution Architects and Sales by assisting them with the sale of solutions in their discipline.
The Inside Sales Engineer develops and maintains strategic relationships with Solution Architect Management of the teams they support and seen as a trusted advisor to grow business
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide pre-sales design support of advanced technologies and professional services in concert with and/or for Solution Architects.
- Understand customer’s infrastructure, requirements and compare and contrast this knowledge with the appropriate CDW solution
- Make telephone calls and presentations to clients and potential clients
- Create and deliver polished proposals and client deliverables
- Coordinate hardware and software quotations with Sales and Solution Architects.
- Collaborate with CDW implementation teams to provide timely and accurate work estimates for clients
- Assist in post-sales implementation support activities, such as interacting with implementation teams during a project
- Provide assistance as needed to ISAs, FSAs, and Sales, including training on relevant technologies
- Provide management oral and written reports on the customer and Solution Architect needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services
- Track and manage pipeline on a weekly basis.
- Identify and execute on strategic initiatives for the greater practice; evaluation, testing tools, identifying gaps in education or training, developing and/or improving on processes to create efficiencies
- Self-education in all relevant components of a solution; this role is for a subject matter expert that the team can lean on and learn from particularly during periods of product changes and offerings
- Work in concert with assigned Solution Architect counterparts via regular cadence meetings
- Understand, design and educate customers on the solutions that meet their requirements.
- Provide relevant deliverables to support CDWs recommendations
- Work with other departments within CDW to provide areas of opportunity to increase the breadth of the sale; networking, mobility, security, etc.
- Provide documented engagement practices that can be used for more inclusive selling strategies.
- Provide feedback to management and practice members concerning trends and opportunities
- Work with Public Relations & Marketing as a subject matter expert
- Coordinate with CDW Professional Services team to confirm designs, assist in pre and post deployment handoff and any potential issues.
- Obtain relevant certifications and attend approved outside trainings
- 75% Pre- and Post-Sales activities via conference calls, email, and customer visits
- 20% Training – technology and personal development
- 5% Team development and miscellaneous tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience
- Minimum five years of experience in consulting or pre-sales
- Minimum four years of UC solution experience
Minimum Qualifications for Enhanced Video Surveillance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or the equivalent in experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in consulting, engineering or pre-sales
- Minimum four years Video Surveillance solution, or Complex IT solution experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of relevant technology products
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
- Motivated self starter
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers, partners and coworkers
- Experience in technology sales
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%