This job posting is no longer active
Manages the contract capture process from pre-RFP strategy development through award and launch.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assembles capture and response teams for target contracts, securing buy-in from all necessary stakeholders and partnerships with key manufacturers and service partners.
- Works closely with procurement officials to influence the final shape of target RFP’s.
- Develops and regularly updates formal capture plans, including but not limited to pricing strategy, partnering plan, and strategy to overcome identified obstacles, for target contracts.
- Mentors and counsels state captains, account managers, field account executives, sales managers, and proposal writers through the contract capture process.
- Formally transfers information and strategy to proposal writers for target contracts upon RFP release.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process.
- Tracks RFP progress toward the drop date and immediately mobilizes response team upon RFP release.
- Attends customer onsite meetings and industry days, as needed
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s, Teaming Agreements and Lockbox Agreements, prior to RFP release.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Aligns with state and local sales teams to generate quarterly and annual strategic objectives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Creates tools, leveraging segment purchasing trend information, in order to assist the sales teams in closing sales.
- Responds to key RFI’s, market research requests and other pre-RFP customer requests.
- Creates and maintains a contract pipeline master tracking mechanism.
- Participates in annual budget planning.
- Delivers contract capture technique trainings to various audiences.
- Assists in creating and checking compliance matrices for target contracts.
- Presents progress on and results of capture efforts to Sales Leaders on a quarterly basis.
- Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance write-ups, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Schedules, prepares materials for, and leads black hat, purple and blue team meetings.
- Ensures CDW-G is positioned with the most competitive available pricing from partners.
- Maintains communication with CDW Services teams around contract targets.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities
and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- 3 years relevant experience: Sales, Proposals or related field.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated track record of success in strategic sales.
- Exceptional strategic thinking ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in
- a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25% travel).
- Two years contract capture experience.
- Experience with IT Sales.Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts.
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%