The Associate Manager, Financial Accounting Systems will support the revenue accounting team in ensuring accurate and timely revenue recognition is achieved through seamlessly integrated financial accounting systems. The role will collaborate with technology teams in identifying system performance issues, driving process improvements, suggesting design efficiencies and delivering successful results. An ideal candidate is a self-starter, works backwards from customer needs and is curious to understand the complex integration between different systems in the revenue accounting process.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages the financial data of the Company’s revenue sub-ledger and related financial accounting system interfaces.
- Troubleshoots financial accounting systems integration issues by partnering with internal technical teams.
- Oversees the data for daily sales reporting, which is distributed to CDW’s executive team, and works with the technology teams or the revenue accounting team to resolve any identified issues.
- Advises Financial Accounting Systems needs in various revenue-related projects ensuring business needs are communicated and achieved.
- Identifies and manages system optimization opportunities to improve processes that will result in more effective, efficient and accurate financial results.
- Designs and maintains effective internal and audit control environment.
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required. This could include involvement in potential acquisitions and new revenue streams.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the US revenue accounting system.
- Works closely with revenue accounting to ensure alignment on prioritization of work and projects, along with support of daily and month-end tasks.
- Leads technical process improvement and organizational design solutions.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- External candidates:
- 4 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience
- Internal candidates:
- 3 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Solid and current technical knowledge of how to establish structure to support successful initiatives including technical development life cycles, process improvement and organization design best practices, and change management strategies.
- Experience and understanding of general accounting responsibilities.
- Understanding and interest in the value that data and analytics play in assisting Finance in its business advisory role.
- Solid ability and proven track record to partner with teams of internal and/or external people. Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to plan and facilitate information gathering and idea creation.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven successful management of the full life cycle of complex technology/process improvement programs with package software and custom-developed applications.
- Data Stewardship.
- Supervisory and or mentoring experience.
- General knowledge of accounting activities and understanding of IT functions and terminology.