The Analytics & Insights team is passionate about creating a story out of data, research and insights. This team serves as a source of knowledge of CDW customers, providing research and insights to Sales and Marketing. They develop research and performance analyses to drive strategic decision-making and planning to create more targeted, relevant messaging and improve ROI. They must understand how CDW solutions are applicable in the marketplace and act as the conduit between CDW and its customer-facing leaders for customer, market and competitive intelligence. The Insights team’s outputs are used to help develop marketing contact, channel, and campaign strategies.
This Insights Analyst role is responsible for helping support competitor research and analysis, allowing for improved decision-making for better business outcomes. This coworker enables Insights Managers to share relevant analyses and insights around CDW’s top competitors with the Sales organization, allowing them to compete more effectively.
Reporting to the Manager of Research & Insights Operations, this coworker will ensure relevant competitive intelligence research and analyses are shared with relevant stakeholders within Insights.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively build relationships with Insights Managers who work with customer-facing executives, facilitating their engagement with external thought leaders, researchers and analysts in the technology insights community (e.g., Gartner).
- Coordinate engagement between external technology researchers and analysts and internal coworkers to increase market awareness and perception of CDW’s technology solutions as well as to drive market-based decision making.
- Serve as the main point of contact for any support Insights Managers may require with the investment in our technology & competitive-focused external partners (e.g., Gartner).
- Assist Insights Managers in conducting industry inquiries and influencer briefings with industry analysts, enabling CDW Sales executives to learn more about their competition and markets.
- Become a strategic partner to Insights Managers and other stakeholders (e.g., Corporate Strategy) by keeping up to date with the key technology challenges and competitors they are tracking for CDW’s customer-facing executives.
- Drive continuous utilization of the technology research and analyst services CDW has invested in by ensuring a connection between key CDW’s strategic solution priorities and access to the collective insight that exists in these technology areas externally.
- Design and produce standard reports on a regular basis and support requests for ad-hoc analysis by members of the Insights team.
- Assist in finding insights and creating recommendations to be used with customer-facing leaders at CDW.
- Partner with Insights Managers to help them manage, grow and retain analyst relationships.
- Understand and capture how Insights leadership measures value in our external partners, and ensure this value is delivered throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Research new competitors and technology with our external insights partners to provide future guidance, research and strategic consultation to support CDW outreach efforts at industry, corporate, sales team, and partner events.
- Evaluate the current and future needs from Insights stakeholders to optimize future investments (e.g., Gartner licenses).
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of experience in an account management/service provider role in the information technology industry.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to leverage resources on behalf of internal clients.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity/inquisitive nature.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to problem solve independently. Able to analyze large volumes of research, re-package the research for further consumption and analysis, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to identify areas of opportunity for existing practices/processes and execute appropriate improvements.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction, and well-defined prioritization and organizational skills.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- 3 years of technology research experience, including but not limited to market research and technology analyst relations.
- Experience working with technology research and analyst organizations such as: Gartner, IDC, Forrester, CB Insights, NPD, TSIA and others.
- Project management experience.
- Working knowledge of the information technology market and channel.