This job posting is no longer active
The role of the Executive Technology Strategist is to responsible for determining how technology can be used to implement our customer’s business strategy through the balanced portfolio of Data Center Solutions by:
- Developing an understanding and capability to position CDW Data Center Solutions in key areas including Infrastructure, Applications, Data Resiliency, Data Center Software, regardless of where data may reside. The Executive Technology Strategist, in conjunction with pre-sales resources, will perform requirements gathering and will lead the efforts to deliver business outcome-led proposals.
- Positioning the value of services engagement methodology will be key to the success in positioning Data Center Solutions and will lead to success in maximizing Data Center Solutions Practice GP. The Executive Technology Strategist will coordinate and lead the efforts to develop requirements and deliver customer Statements of Work around all services engagements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and Deliver IT Strategic Assessment to address a customer's multi-year, multi-technology and multi-consumption model strategy.
- Develop, Deliver and Update Statements of Understanding deliverables from the AIC workshop to hand-off to local architect team to execute with customer.
- Create a phased plan for local architects to build and design solutions and statements of work
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with vendor partners.
- Increase awareness of CDW's value proposition within accounts through regular and consistent strategic account planning.
- Demonstrate good teamwork with coworkers and follow the specific directives of the CDW management team.
- Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's Data Center Solutions. Focus on driving and closing Data Center category and services revenue to achieve the overall Data Center Solutions revenue and gross profit targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to scope engagements to a high degree of accuracy with appropriate assistance and review from CDW and partner Pre-Sales and post-sales resources.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all local CDW Field Account Executives, Advanced Technology Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers.
- Be knowledgeable (industry expert) about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services. Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Exceed category revenue and profit goal consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Exceed services revenue and gross margin targets consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Understand CDW services offerings; help develop services quotes for customers as part of a total advanced technology solution.
- Understand client business drivers and needs. Provide input on strategies to drive revenue for solutions and the overall CDW Data Center Solutions practice.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and prospective clients.
- Conduct client interviews to collect detailed information and to assist in the calculation of TCO and ROI and success criteria/metrics for collaboration opportunities. Present findings to customers.
- Help to create client-facing business development activities, solution adoption roadmaps, case studies, perform demand generation and perform all follow-ups to business development activities.
- Coordinate prospect meetings, teleconferences, and communications.
- Leverage multiple CDW and partner sales channels, including Field Sales Teams.
- Participate in client seminars, conferences and workshops as necessary.
- Participate in alpha, beta, early field trial processes as necessary.
- Understand collaboration market trends, identify gaps and present solutions to close the gap to deliver value-added solutions to maintain customer relevance and instill CDW as the trusted partner.
- Create comprehensive and holistic solutions utilizing CDW and partner resources to deliver unified solution proposals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or ten years or more of IT sales or solution architecture experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of data center solutions, management consulting and business outcome modeling
- Seven Years or more of professional services sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to present/speak in front of an audiences greater than 50 people.
- Two to three years of successful sales track record with selling Data Center on and off premise solutions including but not limited to server, storage, convergence and hyper convergence, backup, disaster recovery, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS solutions. Software development and agile experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct conversations with C-Level individuals as well as lines of business executives where selling solutions are the focus
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong presentations and solutions collateral
- Demonstrated ability to train a portion of company’s sellers regarding Data Center trends products and services with increased data center fluency as a measurement of success
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 50%