This job posting is no longer active
The Credit Analyst is responsible for reviewing new customers for open account credit terms through an evaluation of a customer’s financial viability. This role determines the credit worthiness of a customer and establishes appropriate payment terms and credit limit for each customer as applicable. Additionally, the Credit Analyst is responsible for reviewing an approved customer’s first purchase order for accuracy and validity.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Evaluate credit information and/or first-time purchase orders for new accounts.
- Research and formulate sound credit decisions by utilizing various databases and/or financial statements to determine a customers’ credit worthiness (including internet search to help determine credit worthiness and internal data bases to establish validity of customer).
- Determine and implement appropriate payment terms and credit limit for customers
- Review customer purchase orders for accuracy and acceptable terms, and credit release orders when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to meet customer requests and effectively negotiate with sales when alternative solutions are needed.
- Back up Order Release team to credit approve/release pending orders during peak times.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in Credit, Finance, or related OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to review and understand financial statements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to make sound credit decisions based on financial statement analysis and other sources of credit information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- History of effectively researching and being resourceful
- Strong analytical skill with critical attention to detail
- Track record of building rapport and maintaining product working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in an AS400 environment
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%