This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Financial Analyst I is responsible for analyzing the financial performance for CDW’s sales and gross profit margin. This role performs analysis for executive-level management to support the impacts to gross profit margin from changes in business trends, customer and product mixes, as well as understanding the impacts of specific deals on gross profit margin.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively provide timely, insightful and accurate financial reporting and analysis for Finance executives and the Executive Committee.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly results against prior periods to ensure the reasons for the variances are fully understood.
- Works collaboratively with the business and other finance teams globally to understand the business drivers behind the changes to gross profit margin.
- Provides quarterly Investor Relations support packages for earnings releases and earnings call scripts.
- Build and reviews operational financial reports for the business.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements in reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for understanding the data measures, identifying any issues with the measures and communicating to the broader business.
- Provide system support.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- External candidates:
- 3 years previous finance experience
- Internal candidates:
- 2 years CDW finance experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of finance concepts, principles and practices, and the ability to apply them
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated organization skills with critical attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with solid experience in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present data to stakeholders for full scenario understanding
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Understand accounting concepts
- Working knowledge of financial software tools such as PeopleSoft, Essbase, and
- Data warehouse experience
- Working knowledge of SQL
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%