This job posting is no longer active
The Manager, Financial Reporting manages the filings of Forms 10-Q and 10-K with the SEC, partners with investor relations on quarterly earnings releases and leads consolidated management reporting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Filing of Form 10-Q and Form 10-K with the SEC, which includes reviewing the consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures and drafting the MD&A.
- Developing new disclosures as determined by SEC requirements, or new accounting standards, as well as advising on improvements to existing disclosures.
- Partnering with investor relations ensuring accurate presentation of materials for public release such as earnings releases and earnings release scripts.
- Leading consolidated management reporting, including preparation of monthly decks for the Executive Committee and CFO.
- Responsible for the reporting from the Company’s Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) tool.
- Performing the annual goodwill and other long-lived intangible asset impairment analysis.
- Managing segment reporting, including the guarantor financial structure.
- Managing the earnings per share calculation.
- Maintaining an effective system of internal accounting controls in support of SOX compliance.
- Managing the financial reporting team.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- External candidates:
- 5 years of finance experience, with at least 3 years exposure to SEC reporting
- 1 year of management experience
- Internal candidates:
- 4 years of finance experience, with at least 2 years exposure to SEC reporting
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of SEC rules and regulations and US GAAP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Demonstrated excellent organization and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross- functionally.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Prior public accounting experience with publicly-traded companies.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%