The Associate Application Developer develops business software solutions through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support as guided by senior members on the development team and management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understand and assimilate application requirements and designs.
- Collaborate with other developers and architects to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis (at minimum).
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Have an understanding of the stages of the software development life cycle, including
- Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process.
- Experience in creating applications using technologies such as SQL Server.
- Understanding of object oriented concepts; experience with applying them to software development is a plus
- General understanding (experience is a plus) of database development (queries, stored procedure etc.) on MS SQL Server.