This job posting is no longer active
The Strategic Sales Tools Specialist will oversee all project activities on a day-to-day basis to ensure on-time completion of planned tasks. This position will work closely with all segments of Sales (in particular ITS), IT, Marketing, Purchasing, and Operations and will focus on supporting sales growth through increased productivity of our account managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create and update project plans, schedules for one or more projects.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Develop, track/control and report progress against plan (timeline, budgets, planning documents, risk management plans, etc.) for assigned projects.
- Prepare a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports for technical management and business groups and distribute project related data and documentation as appropriate including; project status reports, vendor information, and requirements documents.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Provide weekly status reports to the senior management and key project stakeholders.
- Represent the sales department in cross departmental projects / programs / task forces.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage and oversee internal and external relationships including third party implementation and consultation teams.
- Develop and maintain project documentation.
- Manage project issues, decisions and risks, including escalation to sponsors.
- Collaborate as a trusted advisor to the sales teams on efficiency and productivity improvements.
- Provide training to Sales Management and Sales teams on new product releases.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s degree (or minimum of 3 years Sales experience)
Other Required Qualifications
- Track record in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem solving skills with an understanding of the business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in analyzing reporting, and conducting primary research.
- Strong track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Knowledge of CDW Sales organization and Sales process.
- Extensive knowledge of CDW product offerings/solutions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- MBA Preferred.
- Proficient in SPS (Sales Productivity Suite).
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%