This job posting is no longer active
The Shipping Manager is a front-line manager who oversees a team of Supervisors responsible for all aspects of the shipping operation. This includes handling and processing all outbound orders and closing procedures to ensure a same day shipping process.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Enforces shipping procedures to ensure that all orders are quality checked, freighted and invoiced with 100% accuracy.
- Ensure that all customer orders are shipping same day and complete the shipping process, including pick up by the carriers.
- Prepare daily shipping reports that provide goal attainment and resolution suggestions for areas not meeting targets.
- Proactively collaborate cross-functionally to resolve any issues that do not meet CDW guidelines.
- Implement and enforce CDW safety rules and programs.
- Manage a team of coworkers that includes coaching, development and performance management.
- Evaluate current procedures, identify areas of process improvement and drive solutions.
- Assist with warehouse tours
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years warehouse and/or shipping experience.
- 2 years’ experience supervising others.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated Quality Control experience.
- Working knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive working relationships across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success in managing a fast-paced shipping operation.
Job Category: Shipping
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%