The Associate Telephony Engineer tests, maintains, monitors and trouble-shoots telephony components to provide a robust voice communications platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and support mission critical corporate networks and complex converged infrastructures.
- Handle routine tasks relating to Telephony operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco Communication Manager in a Clustered Solution; Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Call Recording in a large voice network and Cisco’s VPN phone solution.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing support of projects that include new locations or deploying new technologies across the network.
- Assist in the maintenance of technical and procedural documentation
- Execution of moves, adds and changes and end-user support.
- Participate on regular on-call rotation.
- Coordinate with the Help Desk to respond to questions and participate in evaluation and selection of new software and hardware.
- Work after hours and weekends as required by the business.
- Respond to emergency calls/pages/emails in a timely fashion even after hours.
- 10% travel
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in software/hardware voice equipment administration.
Other Required Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of voice communications systems and structured cabling.
- Exposure to Layer 3 Transport and Networking Concepts.
- Working knowledge of a telecom network infrastructure (i.e., local & long-distance telco's, telco products, TFN's, QoS, Routing etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot with creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with moves, adds and changes on Cisco Communication Manager platform and Unity Voicemail
- Hands on experience supporting carrier-based SIP trunking.
- Cisco Voice certifications (CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice).