The Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Planning the Program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Support development of department goals and plans, while tracking program success and/or suggesting corrective action based on data.
Organizing the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
Leading the Program
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Controlling the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
Responsibilities by Sub-Function
Integrated Planning & Design
- Builds campaign plan, including tactical plan, media mix and calendar.
- Accountable for development of tactical and creative briefs, ensuring alignment with marketing playbook.
- Communicates details of tactical and creative briefs to internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Serves as main point of contact for execution and delivery leads throughout the campaign development process.
- Builds an in-depth knowledge of consumers and customer segmentation and understands how to best reach them based on channel desire.
- Responsible for ensuring campaign activities are in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities.
- Collaborates with Insights & Analytics team to turn insights into marketing activities and campaigns.
- Has a deep understanding of consumer behavior information and competitor trends to identify campaign opportunities.
- Responsible for developing new initiatives to support the strategic direction of CDW.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of Sales and/or Marketing experience
Other Required Qualifications
Demonstrated knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions
Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Experience with sales productivity tools
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership
Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns
Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast changing environment.