This job posting is no longer active
This position includes direct responsibility for a large portfolio of contracts and management of a team of Contract Management professionals. Provides coaching and supervision to Contract Managers, Deputy Contract Managers, and the Contract Analysts that support the team; Role also provides general leadership and guidance to a broader team of Contract Management professionals. Strong preference for this Manager to work out of our Chicago, IL location.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for a portfolio of contracts which face customers and/or partners (e.g., Master Purchase Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Referral Agreements, and others).
- Document and maintain regulatory and operational compliance for all contracts within portfolio
- Orchestrate contract launch activities, including marketing, training, and other items to ensure contract success from day 1.
- Work with all facets of CDW’s operations to ensure all parties are apprised of and comply with CDW contracts.
- Provide guidance on CDW’s large opportunities; make recommendations that minimize risk and maximize contract revenue and profitability.
- Foster an engaging professional environment where coworkers can grow and maximize contributions
- Draft and/or review completed drafts of new contractual material, proposals, amendments, revisions, sensitive correspondence, etc., throughout the contract life-cycle.
- Negotiate with the clients and suppliers to achieve best possible terms for CDW. Monitor delivery and other key elements of CDW performance and, if applicable partner performance, while coordinating with other CDW departments to ensure contract requirements are satisfied.
- Manage customer contract-related disputes resolution and coordinate with the CDW Legal department as necessary, to maintain customer satisfaction and bring prompt resolution.
- Manage Audit requests from customers, partners, and public entities.
- Make recommendations regarding the pursuit of new or discontinuance of existing contracts, including associated subcontracts and prime contracts.
- Lead and support department-wide initiatives and projects.
- Develop strong partner relationships and favorable pricing on long term strategic programs
- Validate accuracy of various contract reporting and maintain business controls around reporting process
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven (7) years of relevant contract management experience in IT or comparable industry.
Other Required Qualifications
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Thorough understanding of contract processes, requirements and practices applicable to the specific sector supported
- Adept at mollifying tense situations
- Applies discretion when dealing with sensitive information/situations
- Ability to develop high quality contractual documents to solve for complex programming needs.
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- MBA or JD
- Greater than eight (8) years of relevant experience managing or negotiating contracts in IT or comparable industry.
- Certified by a recognized contract management association
- Knowledge of CDW Business Systems
- Demonstrated leadership beyond role
Job Category: Corporate General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%