The Associate Manager Partner Finance Accounting provides leadership, direction and management to support CDW’s partner finance accounting team. This role coordinates the month-end accounting close process, applies accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages and mentors partner finance accountants.
- Identifies financial accounting, analysis and reporting process improvement opportunities and implements improvements.
- Review and approve month-end adjusting journal entries and account reconciliations.
- As a key business partner, works directly with CDW’s PPM leadership to provide guidance on deal structure and communicate impacts of significant contracts.
- Support the company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit for partner finance.
- Manages the company’s partner funding sub-ledger.
- Builds successful partnerships with key internal customer and cross functional teams.
- Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding partner funding accounting, including preparation of documentation to support accounting policies.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- External candidates
- 4 years of previous accounting or financial audit experience
- Internal candidates
- 3 years of CDW accounting or finance experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management)
- Supervisory and/or mentoring experience