This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Corporate Counsel is an integral part of the CDW legal team and a trusted business partner. This person will be part of a team that acts as business and regulatory counsel to Public Sector Sales that handles a variety of legal and regulatory matters with a focus on Federal Sales matters. The Senior Corporate Counsel provides day-to-day advice and guidance to help each Public sector business segment meet its objectives through a deep understanding of the business, knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to that business and experience with regulatory matters and contracting applicable to each segment’s businesses.
- Provide a broad array of legal advice to all Public business segments (Healthcare, State/Local Governments, Federal Government, Education, and Federal Government (Civilian and Department of Defense) with a focus on the Federal Government business.
- Collaborate with and advise various internal clients and supporting departments, such as Finance, the Capture Team, Contract Negotiators and Program Management.
- Provide leadership and guidance to help the business unit meet its objectives through deep understanding of each business segment and the application of laws/regulations to those segments.
- Establish rapport and build positive, trusted working relationships with business unit management and coworkers at all levels to ensure collaboration on the proactive engagement.
- Support the business in a variety of regulatory matters, including government protests, security clearance matters and other matters related to all federal, state and local procurement matters.
- Serve as a legal-business advisor to help define the structure of complex agreements and significant solicitations or RFP’s.
- Provide pragmatic legal advice always managing risk through business and legal counsel.
- Demonstrate command of current and developing legal and regulatory developments impacting the segment businesses and provide practical training, communication, and advice to CDW management and coworkers regarding such developments.
- Collaborate, support and lead various Legal Department initiatives either as a result of issues arising in Public Sector or as a result of Legal Department objectives.
Education and/or Experience Profile
Minimum 10 years significant legal experience within a corporation or law firm
Licensed to practice law in Virginia, District of Columbia, or Illinois
Other Required Qualifications
Proven success in partnering with and effectively counseling internal business clients on a wide array of matters related to doing business with or selling to federal and SLED (state, local and education) with a focus on sales to the federal government including protests. This includes experience with federal regulatory matters and familiarity with FAR/DFAR.
Ability to work autonomously, issue spot and provide incisive, practical and business-focused advice and counsel.
Ability to creatively and resourcefully problem-solve with a pragmatic orientation. Ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
The ability to juggle competing priorities and adjust priorities as business requires.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex legal concepts to non-lawyers and to interact with stakeholders of all levels, including senior management.
The ability to motivate and interface with coworkers at all levels by virtue of keen business acumen, excellent judgment, professional competence, emotional intelligence, credibility, flexibility and personal integrity.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire trust and confidence with internal and external stakeholders.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Former Veteran/Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, JAG Corp.)
Experience with government protests
Technology experience a plus
Experience with FAR/DFAR compliance
Experience with government and education contracting
Job Category: Legal
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%