This job posting is no longer active
CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We will achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We are looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with clients to define, develop, and deliver appropriate software / hardware solutions for customer’s data center.
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval.
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels
- Fluent with HPE Enterprise Servers, Storage and Network technologies (ESSN)
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Knowledge of HPE ESSN products including HPE ProLiant ML / DL server series / Blade c3000 and c7000 server enclosure series, SimpliVity and Synergy Composable solutions, HPE 3PAR 7xx0 / 8xx0 / 9xx0 / 10x00 / 20x000, HPE Nimble HF / AF, and HPE StoreOnce and StoreEasy storage series, HPE Virtual Connect, HPE B-series and C-series SAN switches
- Knowledge of HPE OneView, SimpliVity Vmware and Hyper-V addon features and requirements, 3PAR CLI, IMC, SSMC and Service Processor, Nimble CLI and WebGUI, StoreOnce 3.1x and 4.1.x WebGUI, Virtual Connect Manager domains, Brocade and Cisco SAN zoning, via CLI and WebGUI.
- Knowledge of SAN Switching, knowledge of layer 2 & 3 Switching a plus
- Ability to manage, deploy and change configurations in all HPE ESSN products
- Provide expertise for installed HPE infrastructure
- Knowledge of known issues, caveats and implications to HPE infrastructure solutions a plus
- HPE qualification and certification on these HPE ESSN products is required
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- Physically able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Consulting experience preferred
- HPE ATP / ASE / MASE Preferred
- Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment is beneficial
Job Category: Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 50%