The Senior Financial Analyst I, Investor Relations collaborates and works with the Senior Manager and Vice President of Investor Relations (the IR team) in executing the global investor relations program of providing effective two-way communication between CDW and the financial community to achieve a fair relative valuation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supports, and in some cases leads, the creation of materials related to the quarterly earnings call, including: investor presentation, fact sheet, Q&A development, financial back-up, post-event reporting, earnings release and scripts reviews, as well as other ad hoc analytical requests.
- Synthesizes and reviews commentary and data provided by CDW business leaders and subject-matter experts to ensure business performance drivers are clearly understood and well communicated.
- Monitors and analyzes sell-side analyst notes; reviews sell-side analyst models for accuracy and reasonableness of assumptions to ensure consensus estimates make sense.
- Prepares competitive analysis of peer and partners; tracks and communicates key financial and qualitative public disclosures to IR team and senior management.
- Performs valuation analysis on the company stock, peer groups and the market to develop insight on overall and relative performance.
- Develops and distributes the IR Week in Review, a weekly summary of peer, partner and market performance.
- Assists in the development and coordination of Annual Meetings, Investor Days and distribution center tours.
- Supports the collaboration with Corporate Communications and Legal in the development of the Annual report and ESG report.
- Partners with finance and accounting to perform analysis on key business initiatives and trends.
- Collaborates with third-party service providers, including for webhosting, surveillance and targeting.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests from senior management and the IR team.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- External candidates:
- 3 years previous finance or accounting experience
- Internal candidates:
- 2 years CDW finance or accounting experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Must demonstrate the desire and capacity to learn about our industry, products, competitors and other key audiences; application of acquired knowledge to daily activities is critical to success in position
- Strong financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information for the investment community and management
- Firm understanding of financial concepts with the ability to apply them in business analysis situations
- Demonstrated experience building financial models in excel
- Highly responsive to accommodate latest news and analyst reports
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with critical attention to detail
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with key stakeholders. Ensure communication maintains accuracy of scientific and business details even when prose is simplified for brevity or use with lay audiences; comfortable receiving editorial direction and also providing direction to others (External Reporting and Corporate Communications)
- Ability to establish strong relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Master’s, MBA, CPA, or CFA
- Previous hands-on experience in investor relations or equity research is desired, including financial modeling, and presentation development, managing communications projects and supporting company external events