The Shipping Supervisor handles and processes outbound orders to ensure a same day process. In addition, this role manages a team of coworkers in executing department and facility goals. The supervisor collaborates with peers and management to initiate solutions that align with business goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Effectively oversees shipping procedures to ensure all orders are quality checked, freighted and invoiced accurately.
- Responsible for managing the daily workload to ensure all customer orders are shipped the same day, which includes; packing, freighting, truck loading, QC, picking on pallet side, flow-rack, shelving, speed picks, install picking, box making and pick desk.
- Manage a team of coworkers to ensure they are productive and motivated through ongoing communication, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Resolve coworker issues or escalate to upper management as appropriate.
- Collaborate with team leaders to ensure all work is being completed effectively and efficiently and distributed to coworkers appropriately.
- Promotes, follows and enforces CDW safety standards as well as policies and procedures outlined in the Road to Success coworker handbook.
- Collaborate with other departments within the distribution center to improve operational efficiencies.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Housekeeping-ensure area is kept clean and garbage is dumped in the proper containers.
- Participate in projects or specialty assignments
SHIFT TIME: 2PM - CLOSE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years experience in a warehouse environment.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Comfort in working in changing temperatures with high levels of noise.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous warehouse leadership experience.
- Experience with the functionality of AS/400.
- Forklift certification.