This job posting is no longer active
The Principal, Global Accounting Advisory provides technical accounting guidance to support CDW’s business, assists with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards, and maintains the Company’s global finance instruction manual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Provides accounting and transaction advisory support to the organization by helping the business navigate complex transactions and events. Examples of keys areas of advisory are as follows:
- Collaborates with sales leaders when initiating new complex contracts by identifying revenue recognition and other accounting implications
- Provides technical accounting support for M&A transactions
- Provides accounting advisory guidance to the organization based on authoritative literature and company policies
- Communicates the impact of significant contracts and transactions on financial statements to key stakeholders, including executive management
Reviews significant contracts to ensure proper accounting and assesses Stand-alone Selling Price
Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures, including preparation of documentation to support revenue accounting policies.
Updates the Company’s global finance instruction manual, which includes accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to accounting issues.
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting
- External candidates:
- 4 years previous financial accounting or audit experience.
- Internal candidates:
- 3 years CDW finance or audit experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively and independently interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP, especially as it relates to ASC 606.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues or foresee conflicts arising from decisions or policy elections
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to take the lead on researching/resolving issues (from start to finish), or representing department on projects
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%