The Specialist I – Accounts Payable provides direct support for the timely resolution of transaction discrepancies and business related issues. The role may be responsible for a portfolio of vendor accounts and/or a specific field of accounts payable, such as non-inventory transactions, payments & expenses, or corporate travel. The role is responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform necessary tasks to ensure timely resolution of transaction discrepancies, which may involve collaboration with other departments within the company as well as require specific knowledge of internal and external processes.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with data reconciliations.
- Prepare data/reports for management and partner review.
- Maintain current awareness of cross-functional policies and procedures that impact Accounts Payable.
- Field questions from internal and external partners on outstanding issues.
- Process manual transactions (invoices, paybacks, payments, expenses and adjustments) including posting and coding to appropriate accounting codes.
- General knowledge of accounting principles.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable or other relevant area of finance
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with some supervisor direction.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and resolve a variety of discrepancies.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with direct stakeholders, peers and direct supervisor.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- History of providing excellent customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in Accounts Payable.
- Working knowledge of AS400 and PeopleSoft.
- History of Accounts Payable transaction processing and 2 or 3-way match criteria.