Are you looking to gain experience in Supply Chain Management with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As an intern with the Supply Chain Management team, you will experience the completion of core activities and projects across the department and actively participate in several group projects which will be presented to general and executive audiences. We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working individual to specialize in management of the process cycles at CDW. What you’ll do:
- Assist the operations team with data retrieval to drive informed decision-making.
- Build queries to support Root Cause analysis and reduce defects.
- Get the opportunity to utilize process mapping tools (Visio) to update current process maps flow diagrams.
- Learn how to use process maps to identify “waste.”
- Conduct time studies and summarize data to be used in the Performance Management Program.
- Validate outcomes through further observations of warehouse work functions.
- Participate in observations in all areas of the warehouse operation facility.
- Understand the App that is used to lead this program and provide insights on the design.
- Learn and help deliver how we use LEAN in the warehouse to front line supervisors.
- Participate in the delivery of engineering tools to the management team.
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021 or May 2022.
- Statistical data analytics in any of the following formats: Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, PowerBI.
- Class completion or work-related experience of industrial engineering techniques, specifically method study, time study, motion economy and ergonomics, and value analysis
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Team oriented; develops positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- General computer and email proficiency
- Shown ability to perform 6 or more hours of standing and walking with intermittent use of a tablet computer
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions:
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.