The Solution Domain Manager (SDM) is a business, sales, and solutions thought leader at CDW. They provide leadership and support for Sales, Solution Architects and Services teams within their region. The SDM is accountable for effective and efficient day-to-day Professional Services operations, and for driving alignment with the Sales team and Solutions team. The SDM demonstrates a laser-like focus in leading Advanced Technology Services Teams to achieve finance, operations, client, and coworker targets. The SDM is also charged with shaping and developing our services vision and strategy around a technology portfolio. To realize these targets, SDMs must balance a strong financial and operational results focus with a strong coworker development and client emphasis. The ideal candidate for this position has at least 5 years of direct Cloud Solutions skills in design and implementations consisting of Azure and/or AWS supporting pre-sales and/or post-sales experience. This individual must have knowledge of the relevant cloud and hybrid technologies with previous experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a team of Consulting Engineers in providing Exceptional Consulting Services to CDW Customers
- Attain revenue and gross profit growth targets within their region.
- Collaborate with Sales, Solutions Architects, Services Engineering Teams, Project Management and Leadership to achieve Services goals and attainment of all targets.
- Provide leadership and support for Sales, Solution Architects and Services Teams within their region and solution domain.
- Support, collaborate, and participate with Sales and Solutions team(s) on client sales calls, services estimates and sales / client strategies with “C” suite level leadership.
- Accelerate the professional and technical development of coworkers through coaching and training ensuring laser focus on achieving high client satisfaction.
- Manage your team to provide the right level of skill and size of team to meet client demand while balancing team utilization and profitability.
- Build and maintain strong technology relationships with key partner representatives (Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects and engineers.
- Build and maintain the Trusted Partner Network to deliver additional engineering capacity and skills as needed.
- Lead and manage designated Advanced Technology Services team to finance, operations, client, and coworker targets.
- Collaborate with solutions practice to develop strategy and services vision for their assigned technology portfolio.
- Collaborate with Sales, Solution Architects, Services Teams and Management to maximize services financial results and increase product and licensing attachment.
- Analyze economic, competitive and industry changes affecting their solution domain and make recommendations as appropriate, adjusting skills among engineering teams across services.
- Regular cadence with Services Leadership on staffing plans and pipeline.
- Act as subject matter expert on CDW services offering and capabilities and educate sales teams as needed.
- Support the CEMs in client satisfaction / loyalty with CDW clients. Proactively resolve issues, as necessary.
- Act as escalation point for resolution of issues pertaining to their solution domain.
- Conduct face-to-face client loyalty meetings for top services clients.
- Establish and cultivate solid working relationship with all internal clients –Services Managers, Solutions Teams, Recruiters, Branch Managers, Account Executives, Sales Management and Senior Leadership Team.
- Validate and approve services estimates / statements of work for services engagements and provide feedback to Solution Architects.
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of services of all solutions across Practice(s) and geographies.
- Manage your team to have the right set of technical skills, in the immediate and long-term, which are focused on Advanced Technology Products and Emerging Technologies.
- Ensure your team fully understands their roles, and possesses the right set of professional consulting and sales skills.
- Create individual technical and professional development plans with each team member.
- Provide complete, accurate, ongoing communication with your team.
- Deliver substantive performance feedback and coaching to your team.
- Attract, recruit and retain the “best and brightest” Advanced Technology Services Coworkers.
- Perform teambuilding and foster an appealing work environment based on trust, respect and competence.
- Monitor and resolve coworker satisfaction / loyalty issues.
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of all solutions.
- Share Best Practices across Regions and Practices.
- Lead and implement Advanced Technology Services’ vision, goals and strategies.
- Manage and monitor General and Administrative expenses.
- Ensure that monthly forecasts are complete, accurate and timely
- Collaborate with Senior Managers on new hires, development plans, internal projects, Coworker compensation and bonuses.
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with vendor partners – Vendor Partner Engineer Managers / Vendor Partner Services Managers / Vendor Partner Account Teams.
- Understand and align with Solutions team to ensure overall sales strategy is implemented through Services teams.
- Participate in the solution development lifecycle via skills readiness planning for advanced technologies, including resource selection, early engagement and training/mentoring.
- Serve as the professional services interface to key vendor partners, evangelizing CDW’s capabilities and addressing perceived gaps.
- Facilitate the resources and tools necessary for the advanced technology services organization’s success, including lab equipment, software, etc.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of other coworkers.
- Contribute to Services Management team meetings and Services Management best practices.
- Review team financials and project performance to ensure profitability of projects.
Measurements and Targets
- Gross Profit
- Gross Profit / Coworker
- Billable Utilization
- Company Operating Margin
- Client Loyalty
- Coworker Loyalty
- Coworker Retention
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience
- Seven years of related consulting or IT services delivery experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven Knowledge of Cloud Solutions and IAAS (Azure/AWS/GCP, etc) products and services
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Effective communication skills both oral and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve client, project and people issues
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Experience working with branch vendors and business partners
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in a strategic partnership
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiate, and creatively problem solve
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 50% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Previous consulting management experience required
- 2 – 5 years of experience with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Strong IT background in Advanced Technologies
- Strong presentation skills
- IT Industry Certifications a plus, such as AWS/Azure/Google/VMware