Are you looking to gain experience in the Finance field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As an intern in the Finance department, you will collaborate with key stakeholders and our finance professionals on work and projects that directly impact our business. We are looking for dedicated, hard-working individuals to join our team. Business Process Assurance InternWhat you’ll do:
Financial Accounting InternWhat you’ll do:
- Participate in control walkthroughs with business partners.
- Perform control testing to determine design and operating effectiveness.
- Assist in maintaining the Business Process Assurance SharePoint site.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Assist in providing reporting to management.
Financial Planning & Analysis Intern What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries by understanding underlying economics drivers for each entry.
- General ledger operations such as booking entry, performing account reconciliations, etc.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for potential process improvement.
- Interact with coworkers worldwide.
- Prepare materials that are used by executives in analysis and certifications.
Financial Reporting InternWhat you’ll do:
- Proactively provide timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate, financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Build operational financial reports for the business.
- Assist with monthly close activities, ensuring financial statements are accurately and appropriately stated.
- Prepare accrual analysis.
- Forecast capital and expenses.
- Prepare supporting materials for business owners.
- Audit accuracy of system data.
Revenue Accounting InternWhat you’ll do:
- Assist in the preparation of the SEC filings including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K’s.
- Assist in the preparation of financial information and presentations for the Company’s quarterly earnings release.
- Prepare quarterly related parties’ analysis for determination of disclosure.
- Prepare and analyze monthly management reporting materials to be used by senior leadership.
- Participate in financial analysis of transactions that the Company enters into.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Assist with daily sales reporting
- Review and investigate clear and suspense accounts
- Support the completion of revenue SOX controls (e.g., drop ship cut-off testing, EDC audit)
- Learn to navigate the Revenue Accounting system, RevPro, and assist with activities (e.g., research, clearing line staging errors)
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students majoring in Finance, Accounting or Economics who are graduating December 2020 or May 2021.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Someone who is self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Someone who is team oriented and able to develop positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- General computer and email proficiency.
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process. Company culture:
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.