Are you looking to gain experience in the IT field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As an intern in the IT department, you will work on high-quality, growth IT projects where you can gain valuable experience while delivering projects that make a difference. We have opportunities that include application development, security, hardware and software systems, project management, quality control, and process improvement. Our intent is to ensure interns have a valuable experience and consider CDW for full-time employment post-graduation.
We have internships in multiple areas of IT. Each is outlined below, and you only need to apply once. Alignment to a specific internship will be discussed during the interview process.Application Developer InternWhat you’ll do:
- Develop business critical applications.
- Resolve defects and application issues, collaborate within and across IT teams.
- Learn how to practically apply programming skills to real-world problems.
- Learn how to administer and scale enterprise applications.
- Understand enterprise code development standards.
- Learn how code migrates through development, QA and production environments.
- Understand how production changes get approved and deployed.
Asset Analyst InternWhat you’ll do:
- Knowledge of OS level scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python and Bash
- Strong development skills (Java (object-oriented language) or RPG)
- General Windows operating system knowledge
- Participate in all aspects of the IT Asset Management lifecycle including software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning, costing, and budgeting.
- Build strong relationships with assigned vendors.
- Act as point person for all communication, both internal and external, and all activities associated with their assigned contracts and products.
Coworker Technology Technician InternWhat you’ll do:
- Data analysis skills including: excel knowledge, research work, analyzing reports, data reconciliation
- Strong attention to detail, high attention to detail, detail is your middle name
- Clear understanding of software entitlements (preferred)
- Prior experience and understanding of hardware and/or software asset tracking principles (preferred)
- Assist the IT Service Desk solve basic technical problems and investigate more complex issues
- Perform high level local desktop support for onsite personnel as well as remote support using remote control tools.
- Document, track and monitor issues escalated to ensure a timely resolution.
- Utilize experience and judgment, as well as pre-established processes and procedures to identify, research, and resolve technical issues.
Front End Developer InternWhat you’ll do:
- Experience installing and supporting PCs, laptops, printers, and telecommunication equipment.
- Experience installing and supporting Mac OSX, Windows 7/10, MS Office/O365, and other desktop related applications.
- Knowledge of network and server administration and troubleshooting
- Working with VPN technologies.
- Knowledge of IT technologies such as Citrix and PC imaging.
- A+, N+, Certified Support Center analyst (HDI)
- Make certain the CDW.com site looks and functions appropriately for all who use it.
- Understand Web programming languages and coding standards to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences.
- Work closely with a talented team of Information Architects, Visual Designers, and Developers from concept through production.
- Help to fulfill the company’s vision and provide advanced solutions for our E-Commerce site and related digital marketing campaigns.
Hardware Asset Analyst Intern What you’ll do:
- Knowledge of user experience best practices and ability to implement solutions based on unique needs of specific users
- Knowledge of developing responsive UI optimizations for a variety of devices
- Knowledge of W3C standards and SEO principles
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
Integration Analyst InternWhat you’ll do:
- Assist the team in collecting and entering missing information.
- Facilitate inventory counts, tracking and correcting errors.
- Contact coworkers to resolve hardware utilization.
- Support the Asset Management team that is responsible for all technology within CDW.
- Develop business critical applications, resolve defects and application issues, collaborate within and across IT teams.
- Work with B2B and ESB (Enterprise Solutions Business) Data Integrations teams resolving support issues, developmental tasks and modernizing current processes.
- Offer IT second level support by assisting with support tickets and conduct internal and external research (industry standard methodologies, standards, etc.) to share point of view.
Security Analyst InternWhat you’ll do:
- Knowledge of databases and SQL programming
- Required Knowledge of any programming language like Java/.Net/ESQL etc.
- Awareness about Integration and Integration principles, Message queuing systems is a plus
Support Administrator InternWhat you’ll do:
- Assist in configuring tools and deploying solutions, as well as give ideas and provide support for documentation of any security issues that arise.
- Assist with investigations of security concerns as it relates to both network security and application security at a corporate level.
- Support the Information Security team at CDW.
- Migrate our Document Library to Teams from our outdated SharePoint sites.
- Transfer Knowledge Docs to ServiceNow.
- Gain experience in Collaboration Tools and Information Management while being exposed to IT decision-making and management.
- Support the team that is responsible for all projects related to IT and ensuring their successful completion at CDW.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students who are graduating December 2020, May 2021 or December 2021.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Someone who is self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Someone who is team oriented and able to develop positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions:
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.